National Meeting 2017 to be held on the 23rd & 24th June, in Liverpool
This year the entire Vincentian family is celebrating the 400th anniversary of the Vincentian Charism. The chosen theme is “Welcoming the Stranger”.
As part of the celebrations the SVP is hosting an event to which will all members of the Vincentian family in England, Wales and Scotland are being invited.
The two-day event will feature an exciting and comprehensive programme of expert speakers as well as smaller workshops looking at how those who often feel ‘outsiders’ can be welcomed in ways that are appropriate to their different situations in life.
Speakers will include:
- Sarah Teather, former Government Minister and MP, now Director of the Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) (The Stranger seeking Sanctuary)
- Bertrand Ousset, former National President of SVP France and member of the CGI international Board, responsible for International Aid and Development. (The Stranger on the Street)
- Monsignor Malachy Keegan, a priest for over 45 years and has worked internationally as well as in the UK where he was employed by the Home Office to promote interfaith Chaplaincy provision
- Fr Paul Roche (CM), SVP Spiritual Advisor
- John Battle, SVP patron and former MP
The first day will close with an annual review by CEO Elizabeth Palmer and National President Adrian Abel, followed by dinner and evening prayer. The second day will be followed by Mass at Liverpool Cathedral celebrated by Archbishop Malcom McMahon.
CEO Elizabeth Palmer says: “The Society is delighted to be hosting this meeting for SVP members and other Vincentians. I invite as many people to attend as possible to share the joy of our charism and learn from our speakers and each other about how best to welcome the stranger in our midst”.
For the full programme click here.
To download a copy of the booking form click here.