Request help

Need to get in touch?

Contact our National Office to see how we can help.

Contact us now

Request help directly or through referral

If you or someone you know is in need of help, please contact us now and we will help if we can. Please include your name, contact number and full address, including postcode.

We accept and consider referrals on a case by case basis. We ask referral agencies to be aware that our volunteers are not legally allowed to provide legal advice, guidance in debt management, nor replace the services that social care agencies or workers would otherwise provide. We sometimes offer lifts to Mass, help with shopping and many other small acts of kindness that make a difference. If you would like to make an agency referral please complete a referral form and email it to the Beneficiary Support Team.

Visiting and Befriending
Learn about our visiting work.
Fuel, Transport, Moving
To request help with fuel, transport or moving
Food, Clothes, Furniture
To request help with food, clothes or furniture email
Ex-offender support
Learn more about work with ex-offenders
Youth, camps & holidays
Learn about our work with youth.
man with rucksack getting advice
Community Support Centres


Donate furniture

To donate items of furniture please visit our Furniture depot page. This is a list of items that depots are unable to collect. Where our volunteer groups are aware of a need within the community or have storage facility, they will, from time to time, be able to accept good condition items or food donations. 

To donate clothing please check our pre-loved section here.


How we help

A request for help is a direct request or referral made by or on behalf of an individual or family during a time of need. This service is carried out by our volunteers who organise themselves into SVP groups that serve a specific locality. If we have an SVP group in your area then members of the group will visit you to understand your problem and to offer you help, where they can.

We have groups in over 1,000 locations across England and Wales so we will usually be able to help. If we are unable to help you because you require specialist advice or we do not have a group in your area we will try our best to signpost you to other organisations that can help.

Read our Frequently Asked Questions.


Where we help

These are just a few of the areas in which our local volunteer groups can help.  We will aim to help if it is within the local volunteer group's capability. Many SVP groups offer a variety of social opportunities throughout the year.


Who we help 

We help those in need regardless of their faith, ethnicity, status or sexual orientation. We have strict safeguarding policies and procedures and all visiting group members must hold a DBS certificate.



If you need advice or support in any of the following areas here are some third party providers suggestions who may be able to help and whom you may wish to consider:

Debt Management

worried woman looking at bank cardsPayplan offers debt advice and support 

StepChange help With Gas or Electricity Bills

Citizens Advice struggling to pay your energy bills?  

Charis financial assistance for Individuals

Turn2us help from your energy company

Domestic Abuse

domestic abuse victim with hands up in protectionRefuge 24-hour national helpline for women/children. 0808 2000 247             

Men's Advice Line for male victims of domestic abuse. 0808 801 0327



rough sleeper in green sleeping bag on streetShould you find someone or yourself homeless, the first step is to notify Streetlink using their webform.

School uniforms